Countries eligible for Visa-exempt entry:
1. The nationals of the following countries are eligible for the visa exemption program, which permits a duration of stay up to 90 days：
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, U.K., U.S.A. and Vatican City State.
2. The nationals of India, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines and Indonesia, who also possess a valid visa or permanent resident certificate issued by U.S.A., Canada, Japan, U.K., Schengen Convention countries, Australia or New Zealand, are eligible for the visa exemption program, which permits a duration of stay up to 30 days.
1. a passport with validity of at least 6 months upon entry
- visa-exempt entry only applies to foreign visitors holding formal passports (i.e. ordinary, official/service and diplomatic passports), not including those holding emergency, temporary, other informal passports or travel documents.
- Japanese passport holders with their passports valid for more than 3 months are eligible for visa-exempt entry.
- US passport ( including emergency passport) holders with their passports valid for the period of intended stay are eligible for visa-exempt entry.
2. a confirmed return air/sea ticket or an air/sea ticket and a visa for the next destination, and a confirmed seat reservation for departure.
3. Non-criminaland not prohibited by the local authorities to enter the R.O.C.
Further information: click here